A flawless smile is something that very few people were born with. In fact, many people experience anxiety over the appearance of their smile. Missing teeth are one of the primary reasons that patients seek dental implants in Chandler AZ. A dental implant from Dr. William Walden can certainly improve the appearance of a patient’s smile. These prosthetics have several other valuable benefits that patients should know about. Here are three signs that you might need dental implants:
1. You Have Lost Teeth Due to Advanced Gum Disease
Gum disease is among the most common of all dental health concerns. Millions of Americans are affected by it, though many patients are unaware that they have any problem. There are three primary stages of gum disease:
· Gingivitis: When plaque builds up near the gum line, gum tissue can become red, swollen, and tender. Mild bleeding might occur if the gums are scratched when brushing or flossing.
· Periodontitis: The bacteria flourishing at the gum line causes the gum tissue to shift and recede; this recession can form small pockets where bacteria multiply. This infection begins to harm the connective tissues holding the tooth securely in the jaw.
· Advanced periodontitis: The supportive tissue has been severely damaged by infection; tooth loss can occur.
2. You Want to Prevent Further Tooth Loss
The loss of a single tooth can drastically affect the security of neighboring teeth, so professional intervention is required for their preservation. Patients who have lost a tooth due to advanced periodontitis can benefit from getting tooth implants in Chandler AZ. These implants help preserve the structures supporting each tooth, including the jaw bone, so teeth next to the space left by a lost tooth are protected.
3. You Want a Permanent Solution to Tooth Loss
Though dentures and bridgework are valuable treatment solutions, they do not offer a permanent replacement for missing teeth. An implant is a permanent solution that you can count on for years to come.
Discover Dental Implants
To find out if you are a candidate for dental implant treatment, make an appointment with Dr. Walden today by calling (480) 376-7989.